Wednesday 21 September 2011

Anna Kournikova eats organic, saves energy

Beautiful Anna Kournikova… the great tennis playing beauty is set to preview tonite on Americas Biggest Loser.


Season 12 debuts in the U.S. tonight. Anna is the coach of the “Blue team.” We’ve seen a preview and she is one tough cookie! Ouch, glad I’m not there… No water? Ok, bring on the cramps and make your contestants sick?


I’m a huge. “Anna K.” fan. Why? A few reasons: is she a “DIVA”: yes! Is she nice? Maybe… Garry likes her …is she a friend of Tennis: Totally… she has for sure given more to the sport than she gained from it. She spends more than half of every year playing and schelping herself to charity tennis events everywhere … She raises millions! She is a spokesperson for The Boys and Girls Club of America… I’ll keep going…she never forgot where she came from. How lucky and blessed she was, and how she didn’t starve to death one winter in her homeland because crates of food were being sent over by the USA….she never forgot that.


Kournikova, a longtime fan of "The Biggest Loser," pursued her new gig with determination, expressing her passion for fitness in meetings with producers. "They invited me to do a guest appearance on Season 10. I led the contestants through a tennis workout, and it went really well. I knew that day that this was the perfect fit for me. At that point we started talking more seriously and I was fortunate that there was an opening for me to work with the contestants on a consistent basis and I jumped at it. This is beyond my dream job," she says, calling the weight loss show "very inspiring. I love how its message is about changing people's lives and helping them lead a healthy lifestyle. At the end of the day, it's not about me or what I hope to achieve, it's about the contestants. I'm here to help them achieve their goals of losing weight, eating right and maintaining that healthy lifestyle beyond the show."


For Kournikova, the most challenging element has been the non-training aspects of shooting the episodes. "Even though this is truly reality TV, you still have to stop at certain times to do interviews and talk about specific moments. It can be a little distracting when you really just want to be in the gym with your team and burn calories," she explains.


The Russian-born Miami resident hasn't given tennis up totally, and still plays two or three times a week, "a bit more if I have a tennis event or exhibition coming up. I still love getting out on the court. It's been such a huge part of my life, and I love getting the contestants out on the court, too!" she says. Not surprisingly, her favorite workout is "anything that involves getting out of the gym. I love any physical activity like tennis, soccer or water sports," she notes. "I always recommend to people that they should try to do something that they love to do, and then it won't feel like a workout.



All about Anna Kournikova:

No comments: