Saturday 2 June 2012

Victoria Beckham flies the flag for the UK as she talks about being proud to be British

She was born and bred in Hertfordshire, the leafy Home County just north of London and has established herself as a world-famous pop star and fashion designer.
But although she now currently resides in Los Angeles, Victoria Beckham is proud of her British roots - and doesn't mind saying so.
In a promotional video for the This Is GREAT Britain campaign, the couture queen talks about what makes the UK a great place to live, work and play.

She starts the video talking about becoming a fashion designer and said: 'I always wanted to work in fashion and when I was given the opportunity I took that opportunity with both hands

'I want to empower women, I want to make women feel good about themselves and for me to be able to achieve the quality that I want to give my customer, I have to do that in London.
'My brand is British, my team are all British, you can feel the energy as you're driving through London.'

She added that one of her favourite places in London to visit when she was younger was the thriving and bustling Camden Market.
Victoria said: 'I remember when I was younger I used to love going to Camden Market on a Sunday, the energy, the atmosphere, it's really multi-cultural. That is more inspiring than anything.'
And she went on to gush about how great the British are and how many creative minds and voices have come from the UK.

No comments: