Wednesday 30 May 2012

GoDaddy Makes Anti-Semitic Recommendations


GoDaddy for random possibly available URLs, I typed in "Jewish.com", one which I was sure wasn't available, but was curious to see what it would recommend. The results are unexpected.  GoDaddy  recommended to me two variations of the same URL: "JewishTerrorists.com" and "Jewish-Terrorists.com". I then searched "Terrorist.com" and got two more shocking results: "JewishTerrorist.com" and "IsraelTerrorist.com" Really? Searching "Christians.com", "Muslims.com" or "Buddhist.com" didn't give any hint of a hostile recommendation, yet "Jewish.com" does?


I have no idea how the algorithms for GoDaddy works. Maybe it's based on popular searches that never get purchased (which would be concerning, I suppose), or maybe its Founder, Bob Parsons, would rather be hunting Heebs than elephants (seems harsh, I know, but I'm just bouncing ideas), but whatever the reason is, I now know that behind that smirky smile, those green sunglasses and wavy red hair is a closet anti-Semite. Or maybe it's all just a coincidence.
Look more Products from Go daddy just log on

No comments: