Wednesday 5 October 2011

Kristin Cavallari Shocked and Sad to Leave Dancing with the Stars

For some reason, I woke up this morning with a bad feeling in my stomach, something just didn't feel right. I sit here writing this still in shock that Kristin and I will not be dancing another week.


So many questions have been running through my head. Was it something I did? Was it the choreography? Did they calculate the votes wrong? I just can't seem to figure it out.


The best explanation would have to be the fan voting. Tom Bergeron told Kristin and I backstage that it was just one of those weeks that people at home assumed we would be safe so they didn't bother voting. This just goes to show how important it is for viewers to vote for their favorites.
I honestly thought Kristin and I had a shot at the mirror ball trophy and it saddens me that her journey was cut short. Kristin did a tremendous job and made huge strides in such a short amount of time. The samba is one of the most difficult dances to learn but she nailed it.


Kristin Cavallari told reporters on Tuesday, after her shocking elimination from Dancing with the Stars, that she didn't see it coming.


"I was a little surprised, to be honest," she said. "I'm a little sad. It's sad, you know? I'm having so much fun, and I thought I was going to be around for at least a couple more weeks."


Asked why she thought she and Mark Ballas were voted off, the former Hills star was at a loss.


"I don't know," she said. "Maybe it's like what Tom [Bergeron] said. Everybody thought we'd be safe, so they voted for other people? Maybe the audience didn't like our dances after all. I'm not sure."


Despite her shock and sadness, Cavallari, 24, harbors no resentment. "I've had such an incredible experience," she said. "I've made new friends. We've all become such a little family. I'm a huge fan of the show. I'll continue to be a huge fan of the show."


As for her prediction for who might win season 11, she said it was hard to choose – but she'd put her money on J.R. Martinez, who stirred the crowd Monday with his emotional routine, or Ricki Lake, who's atop the leader board this week.



All about Dancing with the Stars:

No comments: