Thursday 23 June 2016

Katherine Heigi Pregnant

The actress and her husband of eight years, singer-songwriter Josh Kelley, are expecting a baby boy in January 2017. The are already parents to daughters Naleigh, 7, and Adelaide, 4. "The Kelley clan is thrilled to announce that we are expecting a third addition to our family," the couple told People in a statement. "Naleigh and Adelaide could not be more excited to welcome their new sibling into the fold and Josh and I are overflowing with joy and gratitude."

The Grey's Anatomy alum, 37, and Kelley, 36, will soon be welcoming a baby boy into the family. The couple are already parents to daughters Adalaide, 4, and Naleigh, 7.

Heigl and the singer-songwriter met on the set of Kelley's "Only You" music video in 2005 and tied the knot in December 2007. They adopted Naleigh in 2009 and Adalaide in 2012.

"Josh and I started talking about [adoption] before we were even engaged," Heigl told Scholastic Parent & Child in February 2012. "My sister, Meg, is Korean, and my parents adopted her three years before I was born. I wanted my own family to resemble the one I came from, so I always knew I wanted to adopt from Korea."

Hours after making the announcement, Heigl took to her blog,Those Heavenly Days, to share more details with her fans. "Sooooo….the Kelley family received some very exciting news recently and I've been dying to share it with you all. We are expecting a third addition to our tribe! It was totally unexpected but thrilling non the less. Naleigh and Adalaide are over the moon and can not wait to spoil their new sibling rotten and of course Josh and I are full of high hopes and bubbling anticipation," the former Grey's Anatomy actress wrote. "The whole pregnancy thing is new to me but the thrill of having a baby is not. We've known for awhile that we wanted to add to our family and frankly didn't really care how we chose to do that. We were considering adoption again, fostering, or pregnancy if possible. Seeing as I have never been pregnant and as my OB/GYN reminded me last year, I'm of advanced maternal age, I wasn't sure pregnancy was even in the cards for us. Turns out it was very much in the cards!"

"I can't wait to share my pregnancy experience with you here on Those Heavenly Days and hopefully get some advice from all you experienced gestaters (yes I made that word up). I've learned so much already and know there's even more to learn as this baby grows," Heigl continued. "I've found some great tricks to combat pregnancy indigestion, apps that have not only kept me informed on the development of our baby but have offered reassurance and relief when I'm feeling nervous or afraid, and great blogs, and books on healthy pregnancy nutrition."

No comments: