Tuesday 29 May 2012

Robert Pattinson dismisses rumor he'll star in 'Hunger Games' sequel


Some rumors are so good, that they even get the movie stars involved believing. Even if it's only for a few minutes.


Robert Pattinson woke up Saturday morning at the Cannes Film Festival, the morning after his triumphant premiere in Cosmopolis, and saw Internet reports that he was being considered for Catching Fire, the sequel to The Hunger Games.


"I woke up this morning and saw all these things about me being cast in The Hunger Games," Pattinson tells USA TODAY. "I was kind of curious for a second. So I called my agent."


The response?


"My agent was like, 'No,' " Pattinson reports.


"(My agent) was like no one's going to offer you that part," Pattinson says, breaking into a laugh. "I was like, thanks for the reassurance."


But Pattinson was riding a high after his new film Cosmopolis (due out in the U.S. in August) received a standing ovation in Cannes with girlfriend Kristen Stewart in attendance.


While promoting his latest film, "Cosmopolis," at the Cannes Film Festival, which wrapped Sunday, the 26-year-old "Twilight" star talked to USA TODAY about rumors of him being offered a role in "Catching Fire," the sequel to "The Hunger Games."


"I woke up this morning and saw all these things about me being cast in 'The Hunger Games,' " the actor best-known as vampire Edward Cullen said. "I was kind of curious for a second. So I called my agent."


His agent told him, "No one's going to offer you that part," he reported, breaking into a laugh. "I was like, 'Thanks for the reassurance.'"


The Associated Press described Pattinson's "Cosmopolis" role as "a billionaire financier whose world crumbles in the course of a nightmarish crosstown drive."


Bieber wanted for questioning
Justin Bieber was wanted for questioning by Los Angeles County Sheriff's investigators after a photographer complained of being roughed up by the pop star at a shopping center, the Associated Press reported.


Lt. Robert Wiard said the photographer called 911 on Sunday and complained of pain in his chest. Wiard said the scuffle happened when the photographer tried to snap pictures of Bieber and his girlfriend, teen actress Selena Gomez, after they walked out of a theater at the Commons at Calabasas.


Wiard said the photographer was taken to a hospital where he was treated and released.

No comments: