Thursday 8 September 2011

Kate Gosselin "Freaking Out" About Her Future

Celebrities don’t quite grasp the concept that the day will come when they lose popularity and the money will stop rolling in. It’s exactly the situation Kate Gosselin and her eight golden eggs are in right now.




Kate says she was unprepared for the cancellation of her TLC show and now can’t maintain her $2.5 million a year lifestyle. But Kate doesn’t want to deprive her children of the style of living they’re used to despite the fact she can’t afford it. She even considered going back to nursing. Boo hoo. This is me shedding a tear for her in my non-climate controlled room which is now bordering on 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Oh, never mind. The tear evaporated.




“I’m freaking out. Big time,” Kate says. “My kids weren’t ready. Nobody was. I’ve never quit a job in my life without having something else lined up. This has been ended for me on a moment’s notice. I don’t know what’s next.”




“Their first comment was, ‘No more fun trips?’” Kate says. “For them, no more job for Mom means no more trips, no more fun. They started asking, ‘Are we still going to be living in our house? Are we still going to be able to go to our school?’ I was not prepared for that.”




After the show was canceled, I said, 'I'll go back to my old nursing job.' If nothing comes up, I'll do it," Gosselin says. "But the scary reality is, 12-hour nursing shifts every day wouldn't let me continue to provide well for eight kids essentially on my own. When you think about it that way, it gets really scary."




As for the little ones, who not only spent most of their lives on camera, but also became accustomed to a rather lavish lifestyle (i.e., cool trips, nice home), they, too, have expressed their concerns to Gosselin as well.




"I told them I will work my fingers to the bone to make sure that they can stay here and go to their school," she says. "There are no guarantees in life for anyone, but they know that I'm giving it my best shot."




And while her show may be going bye-bye, Gosselin seems determined to make sure that she, herself, doesn't disappear.




"I want to stay in TV because I feel comfortable there, it's an exciting life. I'd really love to find a place of my own on a talk show or something like that," she says, before adding this threat promise: "I'll be back. This is too much fun not to find a way back.

No comments: