Thursday 6 October 2011

Willow Smith, Nicki Minaj Ignite Fireball

Willow Smith whipped her back and forth to fame last year, but now she's on fire.


New York Magazine reported Nicki Minaj joins Willow on her latest single, "Fireball," which hit radio waves Wednesday. The magazine added the song suits Willow more than her other single, “21st Century Girl.”


Listeners can hear Willow return to her catchy, party song ways as she sings, “I’m the fireball of this party / I’m the fire / I’m the fireball of this party.”


Ryan Seacrest reported Minaj honored the 10-year-old on the single, singing “if they come at you tell them to ‘Raise up!’ When its time to whip your hair, put your braids ups!”


On Tuesday Willow tweeted, "My new single is coming soon, really soon, like maybe tomorrow soon.” And it did.


Offering world-premiere duties to New York Hot 97 DJ Angie Martinez's afternoon radio show, "Fireball" is a drum-heavy party tune, where the young starlet gets feisty, shows her swagger and proclaims herself the center of attention. "See, I never been the one to toot my own horn/ Beep beep, now watch me put it on/ I set fire everywhere I play/ Make them all go insane, L.A. to U.K.," Smith sings with confidence.


She keeps the energy going by delivering a simple hook when she repeatedly boasts, "I'm the fireball of the party/ I'm the fire" atop a layer of chants. Minaj chimes in about two minutes into the song, sharing bragging rights with Smith, offering her usual rapping eccentrics and even name-dropping the singer's famous parents. "Put you under my wing, I'm the top boss/ Ain't from Louisiana, but I'm hot sauce/ Cop the mountain, just to go and build a house off so I ain't never got to worry what the house cost," the MC spits.


Artwork for the song, which has been posted on the singer's Facebook page, depicts the singer's signature nameplate inside an orange-lit fireball.


MTV News recently chatted with "Whip My Hair" producer Ronald "Jukebox" Jackson, who revealed that the pop starlet is close to finishing her full-length debut album. "I did like eight, nine songs on Willow, so right now, we're in the process of just trying to close out the album," he said. "It's just the whole process. You got to think about it: She's a 10-year-old girl. She's gotta have a life; she's gotta be a kid."

No comments: