Friday 7 October 2011

Milla Jovovich: 'Women Need to be Strong'‎

Hollywood star Milla Jovovich lit up the red carpet at the world premiere in London of The Three Musketeers - and issued a sharp warning to her director husband if the film was not to her liking.
Jovovich stars in the latest adaptation of the Alexandre Dumas story, and is married to its director Paul W S Anderson.
At the star-studded premiere at the capital's Westfield shopping centre, the actress and model said: "I haven't seen the finished product so if it isn't good my husband's going to get a hook in the ribs with a short stick."
The American actress, who also plays the lead in Anderson's Resident Evil films, wore a slinky gold and black gown by Salvatore Ferragamo, but said her costumes in the film were far less comfortable.
She said: "Fighting in the corset and the 30lb skirt is one of the hardest things I've ever done in an action film so I hope everyone enjoys it."
Pirates Of The Caribbean actor Orlando Bloom plays the Duke of Buckingham, who he describes as "a little bit of a baddie" in the film.
He said the 3D film was a modernised and tongue-in-cheek version of the story, adding: "We've got big, bold airships in 3D, how do you like that? 100 years too soon for an airship but no one's holding that against us are they?" His interpretation of the character was inspired by rockers such as David Bowie and Mick Jagger.
He said: "Paul wanted us to base these characters on rock stars which kind of gives you a flavour of what feel we wanted for the film."


The Three Musketeers star prepares for action roles with regular martial arts training, meaning she fitter, more dangerous and happier than ever.


“I think women really have to do martial arts because they don’t need to be strong,” says Milla, 35.


“It’s really about being fast and using other people’s strength against them so it’s a perfect sport for women. I really recommend it, you get in great shape and it’s fun.”


Milla recently admitted she only ever risks her neck on movies if she absolutely sure the audience will realize it’s actually her and not a stunt double.


“The important thing about stunt sequences is that the audience gets to see your face while you’re doing them,” she said.


“If we can shoot the sequence to see my face I’m gonna do the stunt myself, if there’s no way you can see my face because it’s so fast and rolling and moving, there’s no point in me doing it and potentially risking hurting myself. I love to do my own stunts so I do as much as I can on my own.”

No comments: