Saturday 1 October 2011

Demi Lovato: Kim Kardashian Helped Me Through Treatment

Demi Lovato admitted that she once stole a car! The Skyscraper singer revealed that she was a bit of a rebel in her younger years and she got in so much trouble when she took her parents' car for a ride... before she even had a license!


"One time, when I was 13, I took the car out. I stole a car. I drove it to take my friend's home at, like, 4:30 in the morning. I got in soooo much trouble and when I got home my dad was standing in the window with only his underwear on. My mom was, like, screaming and was, like, 'I'm going to call the cops on you!'" Demi said during an "ask and answer" session on VH1.


It's crazy to think that a 13-year-old was brave enough to not only steal their parents' car... but to actually drive it! A car is not an easy thing to maneuver, and it's hard to believe that a teen would do something like that! However, it does happen more often than you think and it's extremely dangerous. Demi Lovato is lucky that she didn't get hurt—or hurt anyone else.


Lovato has been really up front when it comes to her personal struggles, and sharing this not-so-cool moment was a prime example. She is really letting her fans get to know her better... and she's okay with not being perfect.


When Lovato, 19, worked through her eating disorder and other issues last year and entered treatment in October, Kardashian, 30, was there for her.


"I feel like there are some people that you're friends with that talk to you on Twitter or text," the Disney star tells Billboard.com. "But the people that are really there for me are the people that were there for me when I went into treatment.


"The people that were calling me while I was in there were Kim Kardashian and Selena Gomez," adds Lovato. "Those two girls, they meant the world to me. They still do."


No comments: