Wednesday 25 April 2012

Beyonce named People's Most Beautiful Woman for 2012


Motherhood has Beyonce Knowles sitting pretty, and she’s just been named the most beautiful woman in the world.


People magazine has placed the 16-time Grammy-winning artist and actress at the top of the coveted annual list.


She describes parenting as her most important role ever.


“I feel more beautiful than I’ve ever felt because I’ve given birth,” Beyonce tells the magazine.


“I have never felt so connected, never felt like I had such a purpose on this earth.”


The 30-year-old singer delivered her first child, daughter Blue Ivy, in a private executive suite at New York’s Lenox Hill Hospital Jan. 7.


Beyonce and husband of four years, Jay-Z, 42, have doted on the little girl ever since and glow with pride at the mention of her name.


Commenting on her selection, Beyonce tells People: "I feel more beautiful than I've ever felt because I've given birth. I have never felt so connected, never felt like I had such a purpose on this Earth."


Beyonce, who is married to rapper Jay-Z, gave birth to a daughter, Blue Ivy Carter, in January.


"She's just the cutest thing," says the Grammy winner, who sings to her daughter and claims to "love" changing diapers.


Does Blue resemble mom or dad?



"She looks like Blue," the singer says. "She's her own person."


"The best thing about having a daughter is having a true legacy," she adds. "The word 'love' means something completely different now."


Other celebrities on the list include Julia Roberts, Nicole Kidman and Jessica Pare of "Mad Men.

No comments: