Tuesday 27 September 2011

Ricki Lake Talks About Her Upcoming Wedding

Ricki Lake has been busy planning her wedding to fiancé Christian Evans. She has a location, a photographer and a florist.


But there is one major detail she has yet to finalize: her wedding dress.


"I haven't dealt with that yet," the Dancing with the Stars contestant, 43, told PEOPLE at Variety's Power Of Women Event in Beverly Hills. "I'm going to wait until I can go as far as I can go in this competition to get my body in the best shape, then start trying on dresses."


And she is well on her way. "When I lost weight a couple years ago, I weighed less than I do now, probably 10 pounds. But there is a difference. I didn't work out with that – it was a crash diet," Lake said. "Now muscles I didn't know I had are defined. It's dramatic. Everyone is seeing it, and they are telling me, but I see it and I'm a tough critic."


The former talk show host is as dedicated to winning the mirror-ball trophy as she is to losing weight.


"I'm really taking care of myself and committing," Lake, whose pro partner is Derek Hough, said. "I'm getting enough sleep and not really having late nights. I'm having to skip really fun things because I want to do as well as I can."


But she's not letting her competitive nature get the best of her. "Initially, honestly, I wanted to win," she says. "Now that I've been working with all these people and they are all my friends, it's really about ... learning these amazing, beautiful dances and getting my body in the best shape I possibly can."


Dancing With The Stars contestant, Ricki Lake is not only busy with dance rehearsals, but the former talk show host is also busy planning her wedding. Ricki and her fiance, Christian Evans, have just about finalized everything for their big day, except one thing – the wedding dress! Ricki Lake is holding off on even trying on dresses until she finishes up her gig on the show, and for good reason as the star told People Magazine: “I’m going to wait until I can go as far as I can go in this competition to get my body in the best shape, then start trying on dresses.” All of us ladies out there can completely understand where she is coming from, who wouldn’t want to be in their best shape?


Whether or not Ricki Lake walks away with the mirror ball trophy makes no difference to her, as there is only one thing that truly matters in her life – her future husband. Ricki gushed about her fiance as she said: “I met the best guy in the whole wide world. I have so many great professional things happening – I have a new talk show, a book coming out, all amazing – but I wouldn’t want any of it without him.” We can’t wait to hear more details of the couple’s big day!

No comments: